Ajanta Consulting recently applied and received its State of Texas Historically Utilized Business (HUB) status. With this certification Ajanta will have access to roughly 25% of projects that other firms that do not have the status.
Ajanta has recently become more involved in state agency projects. The State of Texas is experiencing explosive growth, and quite a budget surplus that is allowing State Agencies to accomplish several IT related needs they have had for quite some time. Consider the following:
- State will have a jaw-dropping 10.4 billion to spend in 2014-2015
- In 2013 Texas spent a whopping 2.4 billion on professional services
- In 2012 Texas spent 2.8 billion on Technology a steady peak growth from 2007 at just 2 billion. This is 3.3% of Texas's total expenditures
- $553 million of the above was spent on contract services
- Comparatively the federal government spend $74 billion on IT expenditures, however roughly 25% of which is mismanaged spending